Sunsail is a organization with locations around the world whose focus and passion is sailing. They offer a wide variety of bareboat and charter sailing options. Their sailing vessels come in a wide variety of sizes from 32 feet (2 cabins) to 57 feet (5 cabins).
Locations - they have over 30 facilities located in the Caribbean, North America, Mediterranean, Indian Ocean, South Pacific, SE Asia, and United Kingdom.
- Caribbean - Sunsail has nine bases in the Caribbean for an unforgetable sailing vacation. Crystal clear water and picture perfect beaches are guaranteed everywhere you go. The sailing in this stunning area offers an exciting mix of blue water cruising and line-of-sight island hopping, making any of these destinations an outstanding choice for yacht charters and sailboat rentals.
- Mediterranean - Sunsail’s 12 Mediterranean bases in Greece, Italy, Croatia and Turkey are ideally located for cruising the beautiful coastlines of these stunning sailing areas. A wide range of sailing conditions in combination with top-of-the-line yachts and sailboats, ensures that a Mediterranean sailing vacation is suitable for sailors of all experience levels.
- United Kingdom - The incredible sailing grounds of The Solent are renowned for the fantastic conditions and the challenging sailing they provide. Sailors from around the world are attracted to this beautiful region to experience the rich marine heritage of the area as well as the unbeatable sailing. Let Sunsail equipt you with the best available yachts and sailboats to tackle any challenge these fantastic sailing conditions have to offer for a memmorable sailing vacation!
- Indian Ocean - Sailing in the Indian Ocean is a rare opportunity to experience a breathtaking part of the world that remains largely unaffected by mass tourism. Sunsail’s yacht charter base in the Seychelles is the starting point for a voyage of discovery taking in the white sand beaches, shimmering aquamarine waters and idyllic way of life of the Indian Ocean.
- Southeast Asia - Sunsail’s yacht charter bases in Malaysia and Thailand offer the opportunity to visit some truly extraordinary locations and experience the rich cultural diversity of South East Asia. The region is all about contrast, and a yacht charter holiday in South East Asia allows you to experience everything from bustling cities to remote hilltop villages.
- South Pacific - Sunsail has a strong presence in the South Pacific, with bases in the Whitsundays, Australia, as well as French Polynesia and Tonga. Our various South Pacific destinations are very different in character, but a yacht charter in any one of them guarantees stunning sailing, breathtaking beaches and idyllic warm waters.
- North America - Sunsail in North America is ready to give you an unforgetable sailing vacation! The sailing in this stunning area offers an exciting destination and an outstanding choice for yacht charters and exploration.
Sailing options - in addition to sailing in many different areas of the world, Sunsail offers a variety of sailing experiences.
- New to Sunsail - Sunsail offers something for everyone; from seasoned sailors to those with no sailing experience whatsoever. Whether you want to start learning the ropes, relax by the pool, meet like-minded people, set sail on a yacht charter or enjoy a sailing adventure with your own private skipper at the helm; we can help you find what you’re looking for.
- Yacht Charters - if you are an experienced yachtsman or woman who relishes the prospect of the ultimate freedom that being at the helm of your own yacht and in charge of your own itinerary offers, then a yacht charter from one of Sunsail’s 30 charter locations around the world is the perfect sailing vacation for you.
With a choice of superb yachts at your disposal, life doesn’t get much better than on a Sunsail yacht charter, waking up each day and deciding where your mood is going to take you, choosing between leisurely cruising and exciting open-water passages.
- Flotilla Sailing - if the idea of a sailing vacation in the company of a group of friends or family appeals, then a Sunsail Flotilla vacation is the right choice for you. Ideal for those who prefer the structure of a pre-arranged itinerary and the company of other sailors, with the option to participate in some organized activities, Sunsail offers Flotilla sailing vacations in the Caribbean and the Mediterranean.
Choose between easy and more challenging Flotillas depending on your experience level and that of your crew. All our Flotillas come with a lead crew, who will be close at hand should you need any help, whether mooring, anchoring or booking a restaurant.
- Skippered Charters - if your sailing skills are a bit rusty, if you are a skipper with a less experienced crew, or if you are simply a skipper who would like to be able to relax whenever the mood takes you, our fully qualified Sunsail skippers are available at all our yacht charter and Flotilla destinations.
- Sailing Schools - Sunsail’s sailing schools in the BVI and abroad have a reputation for delivering superb sailing tuition in a relaxed, friendly yet professional environment. We have courses to suit everyone from beginners seeking to learn the basics to more experienced sailors working towards professional qualifications.
- Beach Clubs - Sunsail’s Beach Club is famous for delivering a superb vacation experience. We have vacations at our Greek Beach Club to suit families and groups of friends, singles and couples. Our Beach Club is known for a high standard of food and accommodation, for excellent facilities for children (including our famous Kids’ Club) and for an exceptional selection of sailing and watersports gear to make sure that there’s no excuse for not getting out on the water!
With plenty of land-based activities too (and pools to lounge beside if chilling out with a book is more your thing!) our Sunsail Beach Club has something for everyone.
- Club Flotillas - a Sunsail Club Flotilla vacation is a sailing vacation that delivers the best of both worlds. Spend some time ashore enjoying all the facilities of one of our beach clubs and perhaps brushing up on your sailing skills before setting sail on a flotilla adventure.
Itineraries - are all just what you make them.
Cost - bareboat charters (where you do the sailing) cost from $400 to $900 per person per week. If you are willing to live a little more crowded, you can cut those prices in half. For charters with a skipper, the price is pretty similar just at the higher end of the range - figure $800 to $1000 per person per week.